Welcome to Jefferson
Jefferson, IA has something to offer for everyone
We boast an excellent school district, numerous recreational activities, comprehensive medical services, a progressive business environment, and a strong sense of community.
Jefferson Telecom would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to town!
Jefferson has progressive school systems, a strong manufacturing base and a successful agricultural economy. Entertainment and recreation options are varied; the creative arts, museums, and theatres are available without leaving the county, as are shopping and dining.
If you are a new business to the area and want to hear more about economic development, we can help. We will work with you to find the right mix of communication products and services to meet your needs.
As a new resident in Jefferson, we encourage you to get involved in the community. We see our role in the community to help keep people connected as so much more than providing your telecommunication services. Our staff are actively involved in the community and have pride in the place we call home!
Find your niche, get involved, and help us make Jefferson an even better place to live, work, and play!
|AA||7 p.m. Thurs|
|American Legion||2nd Mon|
|Beta Sigma Phi||3rd Mon|
|Beta Tau Delta||1st Mon|
|B.P.O. Elks #2306||1st & 3rd Thurs|
|B.P.O. Does #196||2nd & 4th Mon|
|Catholic Daughters||1st Tues|
|Chamber of Commerce||2nd Wed & 4th Wed|
|City Council||2nd & 4th Tues|
|Community Players||1st Tues 7 p.m.|
|Garden Club||3rd Mon|
|Greene Co Bowling Association|
|Greene Co. Development Corporation||2nd Tues|
|Greene Co. Genealogical Society||1st Sat 10 a.m.|
|Greene Co. Historical Society||1st Fri Noon|
|Greene Co. Little League|
|Greene Co Medical Center Auxiliary||1st Mon 1:30 p.m.|
|Greene Co. & Carroll Co. Retired Teachers||4th Tues|
|Greene County Youth Athletic Assoc.||3rd Tues|
|Jefferson Fire Department||Every Wed|
|Jefferson Friday Club||2nd Fri|
|Jefferson Matters: Main Street||3rd Wed 4:15 p.m.|
|Kiwanis||Every Wed Morn|
|Knights of Columbus||2nd Tues|
|Lions Club||2nd & 4th Mon 6 p.m.|
|P.A.W.S.-People for Animal Welfare Safety||4th Thurs 5 p.m.|
|Rotary Club||Every Mon Noon|
|School Board||3rd Wed|
|Thomas Jefferson Gardens of Greene County||Monthly|
|Veterans of Foreign Wars||1st Sat 10 a.m.|
|Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary||2nd Thurs 7 p.m.|
- Greene County Development Corporation (Jefferson) – learn more about all of the activities taking place in Jefferson.
- City of Jefferson – view the city departments and find out useful information about the downtown streetscape.
- Greene County Community School District – is one of the finest in the state receiving numerous awards and accreditations for its efforts.
- Greene County Medical Center – quality healthcare is available right here in Jefferson, IA.
- Iowa State University Extension in Greene County – review the latest news from the Greene County Extension office and also view upcoming events.
- Jefferson Matters: Main Street – learn more about all of the activities taking place on Main Street, Jefferson.
- Jefferson Public Library – review the library catalog to see if the latest book that you want to read is available and use other research tools.
- Raccoon River Valley Trail – enjoy mile after mile of scenic trails that go right through Jefferson.
Jefferson Telecom wants to continue to see Jefferson grow and prosper for future generations. Call us at 515-386-4141 if there is any way that we can help!