Jefferson Telecom Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
May 5, 2021
It is hard to believe that it has been over a year since the COVID-19 pandemic began. We continue to monitor the pandemic on a local level and take proper precautions advised by the CDC to protect our staff and customers. As an essential business, we never stopped serving customers, but we did modify our daily operations.
Please review our current office procedures to continue to service our customers:
- Our office is open to the public. We’re open and ready to serve our customers with precautionary safety measures in place. Our staff will wear face masks when interacting with the public and will work behind a protective shield whenever possible. For your health and the health of our office staff, all customers are required to wear a mask and maintain social distancing when you visit our office. We’ll continue to provide curbside pickup, and we encourage you to use this convenient option. Our cellular staff are setting up appointments for office visits to ensure they are prepared for your visit. Please call our office at 515-386-4141 or email us at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Updated Office Hours. We now offer extended office hours on Thursdays until 7:00PM. We offer flexible options, such as dropping off a cell phone for repairs or upgrades and picking it up once ready. Just give us a call and we will do whatever we can to help. Our regular hours are:
- Monday: 9:00-5:00
- Tuesday: 8:00-5:00
- Wednesday: 8:00-5:00
- Thursday: 8:00-7:00
- Friday: 8:00-5:00
- We offer no-contact bill payment options. You can pay online at ebill.jeffersontelecom.com, sign up for automatic withdrawal from your bank account, call 515-386-4141 to pay by phone, mail a check to us, or place your payment in the slot of our exterior drop box.
- Our techs will wear protective gear during service and installation appointments. If a technician needs to enter your home or business, he will wear a mask and maintain a safe six-foot distance from you. We would also request that you wear a mask and respect social distancing guidelines. If anyone in your home is ill or if there is a risk of exposure, the appointment will need to be rescheduled. Our technicians are able to troubleshoot and assist customers remotely in most circumstances. We’ll continue to use this method first before a technician will be dispatched.
- Free public Wi-Fi is available. We realize how important internet access is during this challenging time. If you don’t have internet service at home, you’re welcome to use the hotspots listed at www. jeffersontelecom.com/wifi from your parked car.
- Consider a speed upgrade to accommodate the increased internet demands of working from home, streaming, and more. Did you know we have Internet speeds up to a Gigabit Connection (up to 940 Mbps)? Happy customers have increased their speed for as little as $10 more per month. Plus, we don’t have data caps, so use the Internet as much as you want and never pay more. Struggling with poor Wi-Fi at your house? Consider an eero for whole home Wi-Fi coverage.
Please stay safe out there, and check our Facebook page for updates. We’re in it together.