Jefferson Telecom Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
September 1, 2020
Jefferson Telecom is closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and taking the precautions advised by government and health authorities. As an essential business, we never stopped serving customers, but we did modify our daily operations.
Please review these current changes to how we serve our customer
- Our office is open to the public. We’re open and ready to serve our customers with precautionary safety measures in place. Our staff will wear face masks when interacting with the public or will work behind a protective shield. For your health and the health of our office staff, please wear a mask and maintain social distancing when you visit the office. We’ll continue to provide curbside pickup, and we encourage you to use this convenient option. Our cellular staff are setting up appointments for office visits to ensure they are prepared for your visit. Please call our office at 515-386-4141 or email us at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Updated Office Hours. As of September 1, 2020 we will be open Monday from 9AM-5:00PM and Tuesday through Friday from 8AM-5PM. We will no longer be open on Saturdays. We offer flexible options, such as dropping off a cell phone for repairs or upgrades and picking it up once ready. Just give us a call and we will do whatever we can to help!
- We offer no-contact bill payment options. You can pay online at ebill.jeffersontelecom.com, sign up for automatic withdrawal from your bank account, call 515-386-4141 to pay by phone, mail a check to us, or place your payment in the slot of our exterior drop box.
- Our techs will wear protective gear during service and installation appointments. If a technician needs to enter your home or business, he will wear a mask and maintain a safe six-foot distance from you. If anyone in your home is ill or if there is a risk of exposure, the appointment will need to be rescheduled. Our technicians are able to troubleshoot and assist customers remotely in most circumstances. We’ll continue to use this method first before a technician will be dispatched.
- Free public Wi-Fi is available. We realize how important internet access is during this challenging time. If you don’t have internet service at home, you’re welcome to use the hotspots listed at www. jeffersontelecom.com/wifi from your parked car.
- Consider a speed upgrade to accommodate the increased internet demands of working from home, streaming, and more. Did you know we have Internet speeds up to a Gigabit Connection (up to 940 Mbps)? Happy customers have increased their speed for as little as $10 more per month. Plus, we don’t have data caps, so use the Internet as much as you want and never pay more. Struggling with poor Wi-Fi at your house? Consider an eero for whole home Wi-Fi coverage.
Please stay safe out there, and check our Facebook page for updates. We’re in it together.